Thursday 22 September 2022

Scripture Dose

Psalms 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; ...

2 Tim. 1:7 says, For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

God gave us the Seven Spirits of God and none of them is the Spirit of fear. You only find there, the Spirit of the fear of the Lord and that is reverence for the Master.
So whenever you find yourself anywhere, do not allow the Spirit of fear a chance, whatever the situation or circumstance, even in the valley of the shadow of death. He is with you.

...thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
A shepherd carries the rod and staff. He uses the rod to put the sheep back in line when he leads them.
With the rod, He puts you back in line. You are always on track with the rod. When you stray, He puts you back on track.
The rod and the staff are a comfort to you because you are always in track with them.

Popular