Friday 1 July 2022

Scriptures For Meditation - July

STUDY: Excerpts from the book, "The Seven Spirits Of God" by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome DSc. D.D (Chapters 2,5&8). 

To Order Visit, www.christembassyonlinestore.org


Excerpts from Chapter 2

THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD

And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him…” (Isaiah 11:2).

The first of the seven Spirits mentioned by the prophet Isaiah is the Spirit of the Lord. This is also known as the Spirit of Lordship or the Spirit of dominion.

...

GET SOME POWER!

Some Christians only know to read their Bibles, teach, preach, sing, pray, and go their way. They’re in the “meek and quiet” camp. Child of God, there’s more to your life than that. You’ve got to have some power in your life! The Bible says the Kingdom of God is not in Word only, but in power also (1 Corinthians 4:20).

There’s nothing as uninspiring as a Christian who preaches power without demonstrating it. Paul said, “I didn’t come with words of man’s wisdom, but in the demonstration of the Spirit and of power; that your faith shouldn’t stand in the wisdom of men but in the power of God” (1Corinthians 2:4). Therefore, get some power; get to know the Spirit of the Lord!

Many times before I minister, I wait for the anointing of the Spirit of the Lord to come on me. When it does, I know more than anybody else that something has happened. Sometimes, when I’m praying alone, I can tell like Ezekiel, that the Spirit of the Lord just entered me. It feels as if His hands and legs have just gone into mine. I can tell it’s not just me moving anymore, but “Someone” moving in me. I can tell that He wants to lay hands through me and do mighty things through me. Glory to God!

...

PREPARE YOURSELF FOR HIM

Some say when you pray hard enough that’s when the power comes. No, it’s got nothing to do with praying hard but everything to do with your hunger. You see, the Holy Spirit doesn’t force Himself on anybody. The question is: How much do you want Him?

If you want Him, He will fill you. He never goes where He’s not wanted, except when He shows up to enforce a change or bring judgment. Remember, He’s Boss, so we don’t stir Him up. We don’t shake Him up to get Him to do things. Instead we prepare for Him. The Bible says if you’re a vessel that’s prepared, you’ll be ready and fit for the Master’s use (2 Timothy 2:21).

God wants to use you, but He wants you to be ready for Him. He wants you to be cleansed, separated, and sanctified. Then you’ll be ready for Him to use you.


SCRIPTURES FOR MEDITATION:

A-SCRIPTURE-TWO-WEEKS 


WEEKS 1&2

1 Corinthians 2:4

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 


WEEKS 3&4

1 Corinthians 4:20

For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power. 


Popular